What is nc-cms?
nc-cms is a website Content Management System (CMS) designed with the primary goals of being user friendly and quick to integrate, while retaining the most important features of a modern day CMS. nc-cms is an open source and free to use project licensed under the zlib/libpng license. nc-cms was written in PHP and will run on any web server that supports PHP 5 or higher.
nc-cms can optionally use a database for content storage (MySQL, etc.). However, a database is not required, and nc-cms uses a super fast flat file system by default.
- Simple user interface. nc-cms was designed for ease of use for the end user. nc-cms features a small learning curve for people who edit content.
- Fast installation and integration. Drop the nc-cms folder into your website directory, add a few lines of code to your existing web page(s), and you are done!
- Flexible. Manage as little or as much of your website as you like. nc-cms acts as a page add-on and won't command the underlying structure of your website.
- Expandable. nc-cms's codebase is clean, lightweight and open source. This makes nc-cms a great foundation for building upon.
- Efficient. Because of the lightweight design choices used in nc-cms under the hood, it is one of the fastest non-caching CMS's in the world.
Some kind words from the community...
So, who created this?
nc-cms Documentation and Community Support
For instructions on how to install, integrate and upgrade nc-cms, see the nc-cms documentation.
Discuss your experiences with nc-cms, get nc-cms support, show us your website projects using nc-cms, and be a part of making nc-cms better than ever: nc-cms community forum!
Would you like an advanced custom feature or commercial-level technical support? The original developer is available for commercial work at NConsulting.ca!
nc-cms Usage Permissions - The zlib/libpng license
This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.
Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose, including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions:
- The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be appreciated but is not required.
- Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be misrepresented as being the original software.
- This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.